Welcome to Main Line Chess Club, The Main Line’s Longest Running Chess Club!
Main Line Chess Club (MLCC) is a friendly place for chess players of all levels to enjoy the great game of chess. Our players range in age from 8 to 80+ years old, and in rating from entry-level all the way to Expert and even National Master levels!
The club is open every Tuesday, 52 weeks a year (except for major holidays that fall on Tuesday). Here are more details:
- We feature rated chess play, tournaments & other activities.
- Rated play requires US Chess Federation membership – new and renewed memberships are available via the club almost every night at affiliate discount prices. If you are already a USCF member, please bring your card or magazine label when you come to the club, especially the first time
- If you are unsure of your USCF membership status, you can use the USCF player lookup to find your ID and membership expiration date (https://new.uschess.org/player-search)
- You don’t have to play a rated game, but almost all our events are USCF-rated.
- Please come to the club before 7:20 PM to play. If you expect to arrive later than 7:20 pm, please call 215-219-7599 to let the TD that you would like a game starting late.
- We’re currently meeting at St George’s Episcopal Church located at 1 W Ardmore Avenue in Ardmore PA. It is at the intersection of Ardmore Ave. and Darby Road. (get directions)
- If you can, try to make at least three games in each tournament to be eligible for USCF rating bonus points if you do well, but you can play as many times as you wish (even just one) – there are no limitations
- Our schedule is designed so you do not have to play every night. You can easily join events in progress
- 2022 Dues: $30 for adults, $20 for Youth (ages 14-17) and Junior (<14), and $50 for a family. Membership expires at the end of the calendar year.
- Can’t make it? There is no need to call if you cannot make a specific night.
- Normal time limit: Game in 75 minutes (for each player); G/45 available if you have to leave early (please let TD know before pairings); you may also play slower than G/75 if your opponent agrees.
- The club does not supply equipment so please bring your own board, pieces, pencil, and clock (if you have one).
- We are affiliated with PA & US Chess Federations