We have arrived at the end of the Dr. John Bayley Memorial Tournament. Adam Serota drew Joe Mucerino last night to finish the tournament with 4.5 points out of 5, take home the Open section, and achieve the status of 2022 club champion. Ian Millstein rounded out his tournament with a win against Andrew Corn to top the Under 1400 section. Congratulations to Adam and Ian!
Starting next Tuesday November 15, we will return to our usual 5-week Swiss-style tournament structure. Please check out the new calendar page, which contains calendar items for all planned club events.
Club championship prize information will be posted here shortly…
Main Line Chess Club Championship
October 11 through November 8
$1,000 in Cash Prizes, no entry fee required.
The tournament is only open to MLCC members. The current membership fee is $30/year for individuals, $20 for Juniors under 17, and $50 for families. You must play all five rounds to be eligible for a cash prize.
First Place $300
Second Prize $150
Best Lower Section (including unrated) $200
Second Lower Section (including unrated) $100
Best Under 18 years old $100
Second best under 18 years old $75
Best under 12 years old $75
Prizes are divided in case of ties. Section cut-off determined by field, likely 1400 or 1500.
The tournament will be held at the MLCC site at St. George’s Church in Ardmore, PA, 1 W. Ardmore Avenue.
Each of the five rounds to be played on Tuesdays. Players should arrive by 7 pm each week.
Time control is G65/d10.
Players must preregister by October 1 by email, sending a note to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also register at the club meetings.
See this page for all other club information
Main Line Chess Club (MLCC) is a friendly place for chess players of all levels to enjoy the great game of chess. Our players range in age from 8 to 80+ years old, and in rating from entry-level all the way to Expert and even National Master levels!
The club is open every Tuesday, 52 weeks a year (except for major holidays that fall on Tuesday). Here are more details:
- We feature rated chess play, tournaments & other activities.
- Rated play requires US Chess Federation membership – new and renewed memberships are available via the club almost every night at affiliate discount prices. If you are already a USCF member, please bring your card or magazine label when you come to the club, especially the first time
- You don’t have to play a rated game, but almost all our events are USCF-rated.
- Please come to the club before 7:20 PM to play. If you expect to arrive later than 7:20 pm, please call 215-219-7599 to let the TD that you would like a game starting late.
- If you can, try to make at least three games in each tournament to be eligible for USCF rating bonus points if you do well, but you can play as many times as you wish (even just one) – there are no limitations
- Our schedule is designed so you do not have to play every night. You can easily join events in progress
- 2022 Dues: $30 for adults, $20 for Youth (ages 14-17) and Junior (<14), and $50 for a family. Membership expires at the end of the calendar year.
- Can’t make it? There is no need to call if you cannot make a specific night.
- Normal time limit: Game in 75 minutes (for each player); G/45 available if you have to leave early (please let TD know before pairings); you may also play slower than G/75 if your opponent agrees.
- The club does not supply equipment so please bring your own board, pieces, pencil, and clock (if you have one).
- We are affiliated with PA & US Chess Federations
The dues are now: $30 for adults, $20 for Youth (ages 14-17) and Junior (<14), and $50 for a family.